About the Garden Club…
FOCUS OF THE GARDEN CLUB OF LONDON
- having FUN WITH FLOWERS and plants with an emphasis on education in the areas of design, horticulture and conservation
DESIGN has two divisions…
- flower arranging
- decorative applications
- both divisions involve the creative use of fresh and dried plant materials and found objects
- the cultivation of indoor and outdoor plants
- care of indoor and outdoor plants
- garden planning
- plant identification
- the practical use of plant materials, herbs, compost
- the preservation of natural areas
- the enhancement of public properties
- financial support for community project
Welcome to the Garden Club of London Website!
FUN WITH FLOWERS…….URN STYLE!
Did you see a creative urn at your neighbor’s front door this past holiday season? It could have been one of the sixty we designed for sale at our annual Christmas Boutique. If you visited Eldon House the urns that greeted you as well as the window boxes at Ronald MacDonald house and wreaths at Women’s Community House were also created by our members. Of course this includes the urns that grace the entrance to our own home, the London Civic Garden Complex. 12 large urns with a skating theme will be placed outside Budweiser Gardens for the World Figure Skating Championship and for the past five years the Garden Club has planted 19 large urns that were then placed around the Civic Garden Complex and Wonderland Gardens.
Please join us May 4th and 5th as six creatively designed urns will welcome you to our Flower show “Poetry in Bloom”, featuring floral delights created and grown by our members for all to enjoy.
If you prefer nature’s design our Woodland Restoration Project awaits, located just south of the Springbank Community Center. This treasure designed, developed, and maintained by the Garden Club boasts over 200 native and Carolinian species.
Wishing you beautiful gardens and the time to enjoy them,